Children love to be independent; to explore and experiment. Play can Growth growth physical abilities and to just have fun. This makes it difficult to foresee all the dangerous situation which might occur, especially when outdoor safety for the children at the home. However, keeping children safe outdoor safety requires some special precautions which parents can take.
- 1 Primary Outdoor Safety for Child
- 2 Playing Outdoor Safety
- 3 Outdoor Safety with other Ridings Toy
- 4 Outdoor Safety near Water
- 5 Outdoor Safety in Cars
- 6 Types of Restraint:
- 7 Tactile Prevention Measures
- 8 Conclusion
Primary Outdoor Safety for Child
- Never play outside alone.
- Never play near the street.
- Regularly check the outdoor playing field.
- Don’t play toys roll into the street or driveway.
Playing Outdoor Safety
Parents can help to prevent accidents by making sure that:
- Children never play on the road.
- Young children, when playing outside, supervised by an adult or responsible older child.
- Children don’t play with gardening or other equipment stored outside, e.g. tools, lawn-mowers, chemicals.
- Children discourage eating plants as many are poisonous to a greater or lesser degree.
- Young children don’t play in gardens where Chemicals such as slug pellets, weed killer, of that poison have been put down.
- Dog droppings in the garden are clear away and avoid elsewhere, as they can spread worm infections and other illnesses.
- Children do not have dangerous toys such as bows and arrows, air guns and catapults until they are old enough to understand the dangers and behave responsibly.
- Children do not run around with sticks or other sharp objects in their mouths-if they fall, they may perforate the palate (a hole may be made in the top of the mouth)
- they don’t play with fireworks.
Outdoor Safety with other Ridings Toy
- When using tricycles, bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, and ride-on toys then require use helmets.
- Strollers use safety straps to protect the children.
- Bottom wagons do not keep kids who cannot sit well.
Outdoor Safety near Water
Special care is need when children are near or on water because of the risk of accidental drowning. Parents should make sure that:
- Padding pools containing water are not left unguarded- babies have been known to drown in less than 10 cm of water
- Garden pools or swimming pools are completely fenced off or emptied when young children are around
- Children are taught to swim as soon as they are old enough
- Children always wear a life-jacket when in a boat or canoe.
Outdoor Safety in Cars
The following precautions should be taken when traveling with children:
- The doors must be safely secured. Child locks can be fitted to the rear doors. It may be possible to reverse the handles on the doors so that they can only be opened by pushing upwards.
- Try to prevent a child from leaning on the door at any time.
- Doors should be shut with care so that the child’s fingers are not trapped.
- An adult holding a baby must sit in the back of the car. Even if wearing a seat belt, an adult in the front would not be able to keep hold of the baby in c crash.
- A child in a car should always be restrained by a belt or placed in a harnessed safety seat to prevent him from being thrown around. Children who are safely restraint are less likely to:
_ distract the driver
_ injured by the movement of the car
_ be seriously injured if the car is in a crash.
Types of Restraint:
The type of restraint used depends on the age of the child. Whatever the type, it should approve by the British Standards Institution and carry the British Standards.
– Babies in a carry-cot should in the back of the car with the carry-cot securely held in place by belts. The cot cover (apron) should always use, or a net or secure bedding. So that the baby cannot be thrown out. Babies can also carry in special harnessed chairs which strap securely to the back or front car seat. The babyfaces are backward for extra safety.
– Bigger babies and toddlers should be placed in a car safety seat which is firmly faster to the back seat of the car, the buckle of the harness should be too difficult for young fingers to undo, but simple for an adult to release quickly.
– Children too big for a safety seat should sit in the back of the car wearing a child harness or an adult seat belt. If it is necessary to use an adult seat belt, a cushion or special booster seat should provide to raise the child up so that the belt can work properly. This also enables the child to see out of the window.
Tactile Prevention Measures
When children play, they are likely to graze their skin occasionally. Those children who have immunized against tetanus will be in less danger form tetanus germs in the soil.
Children always love to play outside. The outdoors are ideal places for your kids to be active, to know the world and to have fun with friends, but they also present their own risks. Teach the basic strategies for staying safe while spending outdoor safety for the children. We hope you and your kids have a safe and wonderful.